The following information will be needed to submit your program proposal for CCCC 2024. All proposals must be submitted through the online proposal system by 9:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, May 9, 2023.
Type of Session (select one)
- Concurrent Panel (3 or more speakers)
- Roundtable (3 or more speakers)
- Engaged Learning Experience (at least two leaders/facilitators)
- Individual (1 or 2 speakers)
- Special Interest Group
- Standing Group-Sponsored Panel
- Standing Group-Sponsored Workshop: Wednesday Morning
- Standing Group-Sponsored Workshop: Wednesday Afternoon
- Standing Group-Sponsored Workshop: All-Day Wednesday
- Workshop Morning
- Workshop Afternoon
- Workshop All-Day
Proposal Level (select one)
Title of Session (no more than 160 characters and spaces)
Abstracted Description (no more than 400 characters and spaces)
Description (no more than 4,000 characters and spaces)
Briefly describe the goals of the proposed session and the means by which those goals will be pursued. What should the audiences/participants take away from the session, and how will you help them accomplish that goal?
Do not refer to speakers/performers by name. If more than one presenter is included, identify separate presentations by “Speaker 1” and “Speaker 2.”
Individual proposals that are accepted will be combined into panels by the Program Chair and Stage 2 Reviewers.
For SIGs, Standing Group, and Workshop proposals, please also specify meeting day and space needs.
Please select the most appropriate cluster for your proposal from the list below. Your proposal will be reviewed according to the cluster.
1. First-Year Writing
2. College Writing and Reading
3. Institutions: Labor Issues, Professional Lives, and Survival
4. Writing Programs
5. Writing Centers (including Writing and Speaking Centers)
6. Community, Civic, and Public Contexts of Writing
7. Approaches to Teaching and Learning
8. Inclusion and Access
9. Histories of Rhetoric
10. Creative Writing and Publishing
11. Information Literacy and Technology
12. Language, Literacy, and Culture
13. Professional and Technical Writing
14. Theory, Research Methodologies, and Praxis
15. Antiracism and Social Justice
16. Writing Abundance
If the session will be sponsored by a Standing Group or Special Interest Group, please enter the group name in this field.
Proposal Form Queries
Note: These are for panel, workshop, roundtable, and engaged learning experience sessions – not for individual paper proposals.
Submitters will be asked to note if the following are applicable to the proposal:
- Our proposal includes a multinational slate of presenters or facilitators.
- Our proposal includes presenters and facilitators with diverse career trajectories (e.g., undergraduate and/or graduate students; staff, tenured, tenure-line, and adjunct faculty).
- Our proposal includes presenters or facilitators representing a diversity of identities (Black, Chicanx, Indigenous, Asian, 2SLGBTQIA+, multilingual, transnational, for example).
- Panelists or facilitators in our proposal represent multiple institutions and institutional types.
The following information is needed for each participant:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Roundtable Leader
- Workshop Facilitator
- Chair and Speaker
- Chair and Roundtable Leader
- Chair and Respondent
- Workshop Facilitator and Speaker
- Standing Group or Caucus Chair
- Special Interest Group Chair
- Group Leader
- Session or Presentation Title
- Willing to Serve as Documentarian?
Special Note for Proposal Submitters:
- Please note that when you submit a proposal draft, a confirmation email will be sent to the 1st person listed on the proposal submission. Please make sure you, the submitter, is listed first so you receive the email as it will include information on re-entering the proposal system so you can edit the proposal, if needed.