- Serve on the nominating committee for one year, beginning officially upon
election (in October) and completing the roster of candidates by the following
May 1. One Chair will be determined by incoming members and reported to the Chair of CCCC within two weeks of election results.
- Work with the Nominating Committee Chair to solicit nominations from CCCC members.
- Initiate suggestions for nominations, individually and as a group.
- Attend the open meeting and the closed meeting of the nominating committee at the CCCC Annual Convention (usually on Friday afternoon). CCCC does not provide funds for committee members to attend the meeting.
- Work within standard policies of NCTE and CCCC on multiple roles, involvement of people of color, and related matters.
- Advise the following years nominating committee.
Candidates agree not to campaign during the election process.
Past CCCC Nominating Committee Members