The Executive Committee of CCCC is the primary governing body of the organization.
Executive Committee membership is described in the CCCC Constitution.
- Reviews and approves the annual CCCC budget.
- Reviews, and either acts on or files reports presented to the Executive Committee by member groups, standing committees, or special committees.
- Responds to items of current or public interest to the organization and its members in the form of position statements or other documents.
- Contributes members to the committee reviewing the CCCC research initiative proposals.
- Nominates and/or approves nominees to Standing Committees, Special Committees, and/or Task Forces as they are convened and charged.
- Serves on one subcommittee of the Executive Committee as needed with priorities developed by the Officers’ Committee.
- Serves on working groups, special committees, task forces, or as a liaison to CCCC committees as needed.
- Reviews and recommends revisions as needed to CCCC position statements on a five-year cycle.
- Attends designated sessions or events at the Annual Convention, including the Annual Business Meeting, as communicated by the CCCC liaison and determined by the CCCC Leadership.
- Make a commitment to serve on the CCCC Executive Committee through the length of the specified term.
- Attend an online orientation following election and prior to/at the start of the specified term.
- Attend two (2) annual meetings of the Executive Committee (required). Remote participation is available as necessary.
- At CCCC Annual Convention, all day Wednesday before Convention starts
- NCTE Annual Convention, (takes place the week before Thanksgiving)
- CCCC Executive Committee retreat, Sunday afternoon
- CCCC Executive Committee Meeting, all day Monday
- Attend 2–3 virtual meetings annually of the Executive Committee (required).
- Conduct business on email, including voting, which requires a timely response.
- Serve on subcommittees of Executive Committee, which are appointed by Chair of CCCC.
Please note: Executive Committee members receive $60.00 per diems for each meeting, but CCCC does not provide regular funds for Committee members to attend the conventions.
Candidates agree not to campaign during the election process.