Committee on Undergraduate Research
General Charge: The Committee on Undergraduate Research sponsors activities and initiatives related to undergraduate research in rhetoric, composition, and writing studies.
- Organizes the Undergraduate Research (UR) Poster Session at the CCCC Annual Convention and provides various forms of support for undergraduates attending the Convention.
- Maintains and updates the CCCC Position Statement on Undergraduate Research with attention to current research and data.
- Consults with other professional organizations and related fields engaged in undergraduate research.
- Members will serve three-year terms.
- Chair: Selects members in consultation with administrative committee chairs and is responsible for fulfilling or delegating its charges.
- Members: Assist Chair in fulfilling the responsibilities of its charges.
The Committee on Undergraduate Research is charged with fostering the culture of undergraduate research (UR) in writing on behalf of NCTE/CCCC. Established in 2011, this Special Committee operates from the idea that UR benefits not only the students and teachers who work together in different forms of collaborative inquiry but also the programs and departments, institutions, and disciplines that support undergraduate writing researchers, their mentors, and their work. The CCCC Position Statement on Undergraduate Research in Writing Studies and Bibliography further articulates these ideas. The committee also sponsors activities and initiatives affiliated with the CCCC annual convention, including regular data collection and active support for the CCCC Undergraduate Research Poster Session.