Mission and Charges of the Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession
The CSWP advocates for issues of concern to women in the profession–contingency in the labor force, examining the specificity of the material conditions that impact the working lives of women teaching in rhetoric and composition, and promotion of feminist scholarship. To those ends, we have sponsored panels at the Annual Convention, co-sponsored the All-day Wednesday Feminist Workshop, and organized SIG sessions to discuss topics of concern and to mentor other women in the field. Our efforts have focused primarily on providing a feminist presence and clearinghouse of ideas of concern to women’s lives in the profession at the Annual Meeting.
Charge 1: Identify feminist questions, concerns, and points of inquiry within the field of rhetoric and composition in areas of relevance to CCCC members and the profession at large
Charge 2: Lead appropriate forms of inquiry into feminist concerns in the field of rhetoric and composition with the goal of proposing solutions, taking a position, or generating action items
Charge 3: Make recommendations to CCCC Officers and Executive Committee based on inquiry, examination, or CSWP actions.
- Measuring Institutional Service Project: The Committee invites you to participate in a “crowd-sourcing” project focused on documenting, mapping, and measuring institutional service. Contributions are due by September 20, 2013.
- Members of the CCCC Committee on the Status of Women compiled by Kristen Bivens
- History of the Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession by Heather Bruce
Womens’ Lives in the Profession Project
- Web Resources compiled by Jordynn Jack
- Resources for Women in Community Colleges and Adjuncts in Community Colleges compiled by Jody Millward
- List of Journals in Rhetoric and Composition and related subareas: Visit Byron Hawks’ well maintained list of links.
- Feminist-oriented journals in Rhetoric and Composition: Peitho (past issues)
- Interdisciplinary Feminist Studies/Gender Studies journals compiled by Violet Dutcher
- General Journals in the Humanities that may be of interest and that occasionally publish scholarship on feminist studies/women’s issues compiled by Violet Dutcher
- Useful introductory volumes that address feminist composition studies/gender and professional status issues
- Bibliography in Feminist Research and Gender Issues in Rhetoric and Composition assembled by Kirsti Cole