This committee is charged to:
- To coordinate and undertake the initial review of CCCC Research Initiative grants, including “regular” grants and any additional grants instituted by the EC, and to provide ranked recommendations and summaries of each grant to the CCCC Officers in time for the January Officers’ retreat;
- Based on experience of that review, to offer advice on the design, planning, publicizing, submission guidelines, and support materials associated with research grant submission and review;
- To work with the Officers and EC to develop and implement additional programming or support research grant recipients;
- To recommend to the Officers and EC and/or undertake specific projects intended to foster a culture of research within CCCC and to disseminate research beyond CCCC members, e.g. in public venues; and
- To recommend to the Officers and EC and/or undertake specific projects intended to foster research that represents underrepresented voices and subjects among CCCC members.
- We have worked to support new generations of scholars in engaging in strong research, particularly work involving empirical/primary data; we hope members will engage in ongoing conversations about what research is and does for the field and for our teaching. We work to help the profession see the importance of public-facing work which can speak to multiple audiences and stakeholders beyond the academy. This is the work of translating disciplinary research findings for general readers.
- We encourage the membership to apply for CCCC Research Initiative grant funding.
- We would like the membership to know in particular about the CCCC Emergent Researcher Awards.