Elaine Richardson, Co-Chair
Denise Troutman, Co-Chair
Kim B. Lovejoy
Rashidah Jaami Muhammad
Ana Celia Zentella
Language Policy Committee
General Charge: The Language Policy Committee sponsors activities and initiatives related to linguistic discrimination, language rights, linguistic justice, and equitable approaches to language policies.
- Keeps the field abreast of how language policies shape our country and our classrooms and puts forth recommendations based on best practices gleaned from state of-the-art research.
- Conducts/updates the “Language Knowledge and Awareness Survey” of CCCC and NCTE membership.
- Maintains, leads revisions of, and advocates for the principles outlined in the CCCC position statements related to their charge.
- Sponsors an annual workshop at the CCCC Annual Convention composed of its committee members.
- Collaborates with other committees on issues and concerns related to linguistic justice and needed improvements in pedagogy, resulting in collaborative action planning, workshops, and relevant research.
- Members will serve three-year terms.
- Chair: Selects members in consultation with administrative committee chairs and is responsible for fulfilling or delegating its charges.
- Members: Assist Chair in fulfilling the responsibilities of its charges.