REGISTRATION: Remember to register! Registration is required for all speakers.
NCTE EVENT POLICIES: Please review prior to Convention.
CCCC 2023 LAND/WATER ACKNOWLEDGMENTS: Please visit this resource for researching and creating your own CCCC 2023 Land/Water Acknowledgement.
On-demand recordings will be available for attendee viewing until May 18, 2023.
- For your on-demand session recording, we highly recommend presenting your session just as you would at an in-person event.
- For Panel Presentations/Roundtable Sessions: If your session is fully on demand, we request you record the session with all of your co-presenters together, either in person or as a meeting via Zoom. If you are not able to record it together as a single presentation, please combine your recordings and upload only one video file. Only one person from your session needs to upload materials.
- The recommended length of your presentation is a minimum of 15 minutes and a maximum of 75 minutes.
- We recommend ending your presentation with a slide showing your contact information—email, website, phone number—so attendees can contact you with comments or questions.
- In order to be ADA compliant, presenters must include closed-captioning or a session transcript for all on-demand sessions. You may use whichever captioning or transcript service you’d like, but we recommend:
Tips and Tricks:
- Use hardwired internet service when recording
- Use a headset for clear audio
- Embed video clips into your PowerPoint presentation
- Select a slide, then go to Insert> Video
- Select Video on My PC.
- Select the video you want to add from your computer, then select Insert
- Include proper introduction and closure; thank the audience
- Choose a quiet environment
- Test lighting and camera positioning prior to presentation
- Be mindful of your background
- Mute your microphone when not speaking
Session recordings and additional materials may be uploaded via this form on the 2023 CCCC Annual Convention Website.
For your video, you may upload either an MP4 or you may send a link to the video of your session that has been uploaded to one of the following hosting services:
Preferred Video Hosting Partners: YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, SlidesLive
Other Recommended Services: Zoom Recordings, Wistia, Sprout Video, Brightcove, iPlayerHD, VeritasTV, Crowdcast, and Wix Video
If you send a link in the form to a video that has been uploaded to another hosting platform there is no size restriction. Please set your video as unlisted, so it is only accessible via a direct link.
- Approved File Types for attaching via the form:
- If you are uploading a video recording directly to our form, the video must be an MP4 and the size limit is 100MB.
- If your presentation is in PowerPoint, Word, etc., please convert it to a PDF prior to uploading.
- Please limit to one video, one handout, and one transcript file per session. We are unable to upload more than one video to the platform.
- Your file names should include part or all of your session title depending on title length, and it should also include the file type. For example: PresentationTitle_Video, PresentationTitle_HandOut, PresentationTitle_Transcript.
Virtual session recordings will be available to registered attendees in the digital platform until May 18, 2023.
The deadline to submit virtual materials is 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, February 3, 2023.
- What happens to presentation content after May 18, 2023?
Presentations will be archived at NCTE for historical purposes.
- Can presenters share their own presentation outside of Convention?
Yes, presenters are free to share their presentations outside of the 2023 CCCC Annual Convention after Convention has concluded. Please be mindful not to share presentations prior to Convention as it will devalue the program. We do, however, highly encourage you to promote your presentation on social media.
- Can video presentations be downloaded from the Convention platform?
No, archived video presentation content will not be downloadable.
- Can I include music in my presentation?
Music can be used in your presentation only if you own the rights, have purchased the rights for this purpose, or if you have permission to do so.
If you have additional questions regarding technical logistics for your presentations, please email us at email@example.com.