Resources by Topic
Online Writing Instruction
- OWI Open Resource (collection of online writing instruction resources)
Subscribe to the Second Language Writing Listserv
Note: This listserv is open to anyone who wants to join. Please follow the steps
- Send a message to: email@example.com
- In the text of the message, type: subscribe slw_cccc
- Note: Do not type anything in the subject line
- You will receive a message back from the listserv asking you to confirm your subscription to the list
- When you want to send a message to the list, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Status of Women in the Profession
- History of the Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession by Heather Bruce
- Womens’ Lives in the Profession Project
- Web Resources compiled by Jordynn Jack
- Resources for Women in Community Colleges and Adjuncts in Community Colleges compiled by Jody Millward
- List of Journals in Rhetoric and Composition and related subareas: Visit Byron Hawks’ well maintained list of links.
- Feminist-oriented journals in Rhetoric and Composition: Peitho (past issues)
- Interdisciplinary Feminist Studies/Gender Studies journals compiled by Violet Dutcher
- General Journals in the Humanities that may be of interest and that occasionally publish scholarship on feminist studies/women’s issues compiled by Violet Dutcher
- Useful introductory volumes that address feminist composition studies/gender and professional status issues
- Bibliography in Feminist Research and Gender Issues in Rhetoric and Composition assembled by Kirsti Cole
- Writing Majors at a Glance (listing of 141 writing majors, updated 2015)
- Bibliography of sources for those interested in the writing major
- College Composition and Communication (CCC)
- CCC Online
- Studies in Writing and Rhetoric (SWR)
- FORUM: Issues about Part-Time and Contingent Faculty
These statements on educational issues are approved by the Conference on College Composition and Communication Exeucutive Committee.
Not finding the information you need? Research the complete database of NCTE position statements.
Grants and Awards
CCCC offers numerous grants and awards for travel, research, publications, programs, and service, to name a few. All CCCC awards are given annually and are presented at the CCCC Convention each year. Please see the detailed information for each award including criteria and submission deadlines.
CCCC accomplishes much of its work through the use of committees. It is because of committees that we have position statements, award programs, even a conference itself. Please visit the committee website to learn more about current charges and activities being undertaken by these hard-working groups of CCCC members.
CCCC/NCTE Policy Analysis Initiative
A network of NCTE, CCCC, and TYCA volunteers track state policy developments impacting English language arts, English studies, literacy, and the humanities. These volunteers, one covering P12 education and one covering higher education in each state, provide other members with analyzed information about state policies. With this knowledge, educators can better participate in the policymaking process that affects them, their students, their institutions, and their communities. Learn more.
Writing Studies Tree (WST)
The Writing Studies Tree (WST) is an online, crowdsourced database of academic genealogies within writing studies; in other words, it is an interactive archive for recording and mapping scholarly relationships in Composition and Rhetoric and adjacent disciplines. Explore the network of people and institutions, create new nodes within that network, or participate in discussions about what you’ve discovered or where to go next! Learn more.