CCCC accomplishes much of its work through the use of committees. It is because of committees that we have position statements, award programs, even a conference itself. When you agree to accept the nomination for the Committee on Disability Issues in College Composition, you are making a three-year commitment to serve as a member of the Committee on Disability Issues in College Composition.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To maintain, lead revisions of, and advocate for the principles outlined in the CCCC position statement Disability Studies in Composition: Position Statement on Policy and Best Practices
- To select one member to serve on the EC according to procedures articulated in the Committee’s bylaws
- To educate CCCC leadership and membership on disability and access before and during the Annual Convention, including
- Drafting and circulating the Convention Access Guide
- Hosting and staffing the access table at the Convention
- Producing guidelines for members and presenters about accessible and inclusive conference presentations
- Maintaining a website on accessible conference planning and attending
- To support the production of an Access Guide for each Convention, including
- Identifying a team to write the Access Guide
- Determining compensation provided by CCCC for this team
- Contributing a CDICC member to serve on the Local Arrangements Committee
- Helping to circulate the Access Guide
- To submit a budget annually to the EC for approval to fund the CDICC’s accessibility work
- To present an annual report on accessibility and disability issues within the organization
- Nine members elected by CCCC membership
- Affiliate members, as needed
Terms of Office
- The terms of all chairs and members will commence thirty days after the NCTE Annual Convention next following the election, except that chairs appointed to fill a vacancy (Article IX, Sections 3 and 4) will take office upon their acceptance.
- All chairs and members will serve for a three-year term; terms will be staggered so that no more than three seats will be filled in any election cycle.
- A chair or co-chairs will be selected by the CDICC membership by the process spelled out in the bylaws.
- The CDICC will hold open meetings at the CCCC Convention and provide virtual access.
- In addition, the CDICC will meet in conjunction with annual program planning, Convention meetings, and elections. Other meetings may be called at the request of the chair or co-chairs.
- ASL interpreters and CART services will be funded by CCCC and available at the meetings.