Megan Busch, Chair
Jessica Jorgenson Borchert
General Charge: To function as a point of first contact for new members and to develop convention-specific programing and outreach.
- Provides a staffed Welcome Table where new attendees can ask questions, receive suggestions, and find materials helpful for navigating the Convention.
- Creates, in cooperation with the NCTE national office, a Tip Sheet, designed to help new attendees make the most of their experience at the Convention.
- Hosts an Orientation to review strategies for Convention attendance.
- Sponsors a Career Quest roundtable to help participants develop a plan to find opportunities at the Convention and within the organization that can play an important part in their career development.
- Hosts a Coffee Hour where new attendees can hear from various member groups of the Convention (e.g., Meet Leaders of SIGs, TYCA, C’s the Day, etc.).
- Sponsors the Think Tank where new attendees can work with experienced professionals to discuss and develop proposals for the next year’s Convention.
- Maintains relationships with other subcommittees and groups (e.g., Digital Archive of Literacy Narratives, C’s the Day, etc.).
- Members will serve three-year terms.
- Chair: Selects members in consultation with administrative committee chairs and is responsible for fulfilling or delegating its charges.
- Members: Assist Chair in fulfilling the responsibilities of its charges.