Adrienne Jones Daly, Co-chair
Ashanka Kumari, Co-chair
Cedric D. Burrows
Suban Nur Cooley
Nora K. Rivera
Responsibilities and Duties
- To select one AEIC member to serve on the EC according to procedures articulated in the Committee’s bylaws
- To name one AEIC member to serve in the annual Stage 2 Convention Proposal Review Group who
- Makes recommendations on ways to increase equity throughout the process;
- Makes recommendations on ways to increase diversity within the pool of presenters, chairs, and discussants.
- To submit, by the Nomination deadline, a minimum of two nominees from historically marginalized groups to the Nominating Committee for the at-large EC positions
- To identify options and resources to resolve bias incidents, including harassment, discrimination, or any violation of the CCCC Code of Ethics or standards of conduct
- To present an annual report to the Executive Committee that
- Recommends annual program offerings that are inclusive of all members’ areas of research and teaching
- Recommends strategies for supporting engagement of members from underrepresented groups
- Recommends amendments to the organizational and Convention budgets that outline ways to more equitably distribute organizational resources
- Nine members, elected from the ballot assembled by the Nominating Committee
- Two co-chairs, elected from the nine members of the committee
Terms of Office
- The terms of all chairs and members will commence thirty days after the NCTE Annual Convention next following the election, except that chairs appointed to fill a vacancy (Article IX, Sections 3 and 4) will take office upon their acceptance.
- All chairs and members will serve for a two-year term.
- Chairs cannot be appointed for consecutive terms. Members can serve no more than two consecutive terms.
- The AEIC will meet in conjunction with annual program planning, Convention meetings, and elections. Other meetings may be called at the request of the co-chairs.
- Five members of the AEIC will constitute a quorum.