Frankie Condon, Co-chair
Mara Lee Grayson, Co-chair
- To work with the Chair of CCCC within the first two weeks of Task Force formation to develop a robust charge that encompasses the following objectives outlined by the current chair of CCCC:
- To be courageous and bold in pursuing the following:
- Assess the operation of white privilege, whiteliness, and whiteness within CCCC and NCTE.
- Survey and expose tacit and intentional racism within CCCC and NCTE.
- Detail how within CCCC and NCTE whiteness and racism or antiracism activities have historically affected leadership roles and members within the organization.
- Identify any “unwritten rules” that have a disparate impact on minorities, and that may intentionally or unwittingly buttress white privilege.
- Consult with members of colour in CCCCs, listening to their concerns and feedback.
- Consult with other members of all backgrounds listening to their concerns and feedback.
Action: Imagine and offer tangible options for what might be done to advocate for recognition and intervention in the problem of white privilege, whiteliness, and whiteness as they function within CCCC and NCTE.